MACHGRADE Hybrid Turbocharger. The turbo is based on the stock OM642 genuine Garrett turbocharger. It’s upgraded with Custom Billet Compressor Wheel and Enlarged Turbine Wheel. This turbo is sold in two options differing by the power output, one for 350HP and the second for 400HP. If you are not sure which one is best for you, please get in touch. This is a fully Plug&Play solution for 3.0 CDI 190/230 HP OM642. Please note there is also a ball-bearing version for the OM642 engine.
Specifications of available turbochargers
MACHGRADE OM642 350
Hybrid turbocharger optimized to deliver 350HP. Complete list of changes applied:
- MACHGRADE custom journal bearings ‘360’
- Modification of compressor housing
- Modification of turbine housing
- Modification of seal plate
- Enlarged/custom compressor Billet Wheel GEN II
- Enlarged genuine Garrett blades turbine wheel
A common features for each MACHGRADE unit:
- Genuine Garrett compressor housing
- Genuine Garrett exhaust manifold
- Genuine Garrett-bearing housing
- Original Hella electronic actuator
- The VNT precisely adjusted
- 100% Plug&Play fitment (a complete unit ready to be installed in the car)
- Dynamically Balanced
MACHGRADE OM642 400
Hybrid turbocharger optimized to deliver 350HP. The complete list of changes applied is the same as with the 350 package except for giant Billet Compressor GEN I 11+0 blades and the 9 Blade High-Flow Turbine Wheel.
Getting expected power
To achieve power output the turbo is optimized for you must ensure all the supporting mods are in place. That means you have to take care of other systems, like:
ECU remapping is necessary to take advantage of hardware upgrades
Will the turbo be P&P for my car?
The list below presents information helpful for checking if this upgraded turbocharger will be the right fit.
Chrysler 300C 3.0 CRD I 225HP
Dodge Sprinter 3.0 225HP
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD III 225Hp
Mercedes C-Class 320 CDI w203 225HP
Mercedes E-Class 300 CDI W212 230HP
Mercedes E-Class 350 CDI W212 230Hp
Mercedes E-Class 320 CDI W211 225HP
Mercedes E-Class 280 CDI W211 190HP
Mercedes G-Class 280 CDI W461 190HP
Mercedes G-Class 320 CDI W461 225HP
Mercedes GL-Class 350CDI X154 211HP
Mercedes M-Class 320 CDI W164 225HP
Mercedes M-Class 280 CDI W164 190HP
Mercedes R-Class 320CDI W251 225HP
Mercedes R-Class 280 CDI W251 190HP
Mercedes Sprinter 219/319/519 NCV3 190HP
Mercedes Viano 3.0 CDI W639 204HP
Mercedes Viano 3.0 CDI W639 225HP
Mercedes Vito 122 CDI W639 225HP
Mercedes Vito 120 CDI W639 204HP
OM642 Euro 4
OM642 DE 30 LA
Important before you order
- The average lead time (the time we need to build and ship a hybrid turbocharger) is ten working days.
- To ensure the right fitment of your turbo, we require the following details of your car:
- model and year of build,
- stock power,
- VIN number
- There is one year of warranty for this product. No mileage limit.
- We ship worldwide.
- Do you need a turbo with a different specification? No problem! Learn more about hybrid turbos we can build
and contact us!