Hybrid turbo by MACHGRADE uses the original 06q145703 Continental turbocharger as a base which is installed from the factory in 2.0 TSI engines coming from the VAG group. The main upgrade involves machining the compressor (cold) side and mounting a core with a bigger CNC-machined custom billet compressor wheel. The turbine wheel diameter stays stock which supports reliability and quick spool (reduced inertia of the core). The MACHGRADE unit is designed to deliver 510HP at the crank if additionally supported by a downpipe to enable a higher flow of exhaust gases. This setup (turbo + downpipe) makes a robust package with solid power and torque gains while restraining invasive hardware changes. Highly recommended for Audi S3, Golf 8R and Cupra Leon users looking to get just a little bit more from their cars.
Specification of the turbocharger
MACHGRADE EA888 EVO4 510
The complete list of changes applied to the turbo is presented below
- Modified compressor housing
- Modified seal plate
- Installed bigger custom Billet Compressor Wheel 6+6
- Lightened turbine wheel for quicker spool and backpressure reduction
- Genuine Continental
- bearing system
- electronic actuator
- Plug and Play fitment
- Each component is dynamically balanced, and the core as a whole
Getting expected power
To achieve the power output, the turbo is optimized for, you must install a downpipe to enable a better flow of exhaust gases.
As always, the ECU remap is necessary to take advantage of hardware upgrades.
Will the turbo be P&P for my car?
The list below presents information helpful for checking if this upgraded turbocharger will be the right fit.
VAG group models
AUDI S3 2.0 TFSI
GOLF 8R (MK8R) 2.0 TFSI
GOLF GTI MK8
ARTEON R MK3 2.0 TFSI
Cupra Leon 5F 2.0 TFS
EA888 Evo4 DNFC, DNFB 2.0 TFSI
Important before you order
- The average lead time (the time we need to build and ship a hybrid turbocharger) is ten working days.
- To ensure the right fitment of your turbo, we require the following details of your car:
- model and year of build,
- stock power,
- VIN number
- There is one year of warranty for this product. No mileage limit.
- We build our turbos with a focus on durability and motorsport. The aspect of reliability is paramount to us.
- We ship worldwide.
- Do you need a turbo with a different specification? No problem! Learn more about hybrid turbos we can build
and contact us!
There are no reviews yet.