MACHGRADE Hybrid Turbochargers are fully Plug&Play units with bigger internals. The turbos are built using custom CNC billet compressor wheel 6+6 blades. and are based on the stock genuine BorgWarner turbochargers with modified internals. The hybrids fit Mercedes Sprinter equipped with OM 646 Bi-Turbo engine.
Specification of the turbochargers
There are two versions available for the OM646 Bi-Turbo Hybrid Turbocharger with a peak power ranging from 260 to 300 as follows:
MACHGRADE OM646 Bi-Turbo 260
Hybrid turbochargers optimized to deliver 260HP. Complete list of changes applied to bigger Turbo:
- MACHGRADE custom journal bearings “360”
- Modification of compressor housing
- Modification of the seal plate
- Enlarged/Custom compressor Billet Wheel 6+6 blades
- Genuine Turbine Wheel clipped to reduce the backpressure
Changes applied to the smaller Turbo:
- The dimensions of the turbo stay stock,
- Turbo is fully refurbished.
MACHGRADE OM646 Bi-Turbo 300
Hybrid turbocharger optimized to deliver 300HP. The complete list of changes applied is the same as the 260 package except for bigger Billet Compressor GEN I 11+0 blades and the 9 Blade High-Flow Turbine Wheel.
Further common features
Each turbo is characterized by the same list of features listed below
- Genuine BorgWarner compressor housing,
- Genuine BorgWarner exhaust manifold,
- Genuine BorgWarner bearing housing,
- Genuine BorgWarner actuator,
- 100% Plug&Play fitment,
- Dynamically Balanced.
Getting expected power
To achieve power output the turbo is optimized for you must ensure all the supporting mods are in place. That means you have to take care of other systems, like:
ECU remap is necessary to take advantage of hardware upgrades.
Will the turbo be P&P for my car?
The list below presents information helpful for checking if this upgraded turbocharger will be the right fit.
Sprinter II 213 CDI Biturbo
Sprinter II 215 CDI Biturbo
Sprinter II 313 CDI Biturbo
Sprinter II 315 CDI Biturbo
Sprinter II 413 CDI Biturbo
Sprinter II 415 CDI Biturbo
Sprinter II 513 CDI Biturbo
Sprinter II 515 CDI Biturbo
2143 cm3, 129HP / 95kW
2143 cm3, 150HP / 110kW
5439 970 0049
5439 970 0099
5439 980 0049
5439 988 0049
5439 988 0099
5439 990 0049
5304 970 0057
5304 970 0094
5304 980 0057
5304 988 0057
5304 988 0094
5304 990 0057
Important before you order
- The average lead time (the time we need to build and ship a hybrid turbocharger) is ten working days.
- To ensure the right fitment of your turbo, we require the following details of your car:
- model and year of build,
- stock power,
- VIN number
- There is one year of warranty for this product. No mileage limit.
- We build our turbos with a focus on durability and motorsport. The aspect of reliability is paramount to us.
- We ship worldwide.
- Do you need a turbo with a different specification? No problem! Learn more about hybrid turbos we can build
and contact us!
There are no reviews yet.