MACHGRADE MDI 525 TD5 Upgraded Turbochargers are built using Custom Compressor Billet Wheels and Enlarged Turbine Wheels. These are based on the stock genuine Garrett turbochargers and deliver the ultimate Plug&Play solution for Land Rover Defender and Discovery II with the 2.5TDI TD5 Diesel engine producing 122HP/139HP.
There are available 2 versions of the 2.5TDI TD5 hybrid turbochargers with a peak power ranging from 220 to 250HP measured at the crank as described below.
MACHGRADE MDI 525 2.5TDI TD5 220
Hybrid turbocharger ready to make ~220 HP at the crank. Full list of changes applied:
- MACHGRADE custom journal bearings ‘360’
- Modification of the compressor housing
- Modification of the seal plate
- Enlarged/custom compressor Billet Wheel 11+0 blades
- Genuine Turbine Wheel clipped and lightened to help reduce the backpressure,
Further features of the turbo:
- Genuine Garrett compressor housing
- Genuine Garrett exhaust manifold
- Genuine Garrett bearing housing
- Original Garrett actuator
- 100% Plug&Play installation
- Dynamically Balanced
MACHGRADE MDI 525 2.5TDI TD5 250
Hybrid turbocharger ready to make 250HP at the crank. The specification (upgrades and features) of the unit is the same as with the 220 package with the exception of bigger both Billet Compressor and Turbine Wheel.
Options for MACHGRADE MDI 525
A Ball Bearing conversion is available for this turbocharger. With this upgrade we use new genuine Garrett ceramic ball bearings which leads to about 20% quicker spool in comparison to journal bearings. Going for this solution you have to be aware of slightly lower longevity of ball bearings. There is always a trade off!
During the production process, every single part is finely balanced and then once all the components are assembled the core is balanced using high-speed VSR. A balance test result document is supplied.
Reaching declared performance of the MACHGRADE turbo
Although the turbo is designed to work with certain level of boost you need to adjust other systems of your engine, like fuel injection, exhaust, and cooling in order to match the turbo capabilities and reach the top power available.
Land Rover Defender 2.5TDI TD5 – 122HP
Land Rover Discovery II 2.5TDI TD5 – 122HP/139HP
Before you order
- The average lead time (the time we need to build and ship a hybrid turbocharger) is 10 working days.
- In order to manufacture your turbo we require the following details of your car:
- model and year of build,
- stock power,
- VIN number
- Do you need a turbo with different specification? No problem! Learn more about hybrid turbo we can build
and contact us!
There are no reviews yet.